I reflect on 2016 with gratitude and appreciation for customers, partners, and friends embracing next generation sales productivity with us. Our innovations impact hundreds of thousands of people and billions of dollars of revenue.
As we look ahead at 2017, I dream of even more connectivity and connectedness within teams, across teams, and across companies. I dream of more people listening and learning from each other. I dream of smarter, just-in-time technology to improve revenue outcomes. I dream of smarter automation to connect people with content, coaching, experts, and customers.
What’s Your 2017 Productivity Dream?
My 2017 productivity dream opens with a CEO recording an early morning video short to inspire and align an entire company. Managers follow and record their team videos. Individuals watch the CEO’s message along side their manager’s with open feedback and questions. Everyone in the company is aligned and energized in minutes.
My productivity dream continues with individuals greeted in the morning by their smart productivity assistant rich with bots. Content is curated, training is prescribed, experts are suggested, and mentors are matched based on tenure, performance and calendar activity. Learning, collaborating and doing blends into one workflow making every moment a productive learning moment.
For revenue teams, the sales content-bot shares presentations, winning pitches, deal win stories and customer references. Salespeople are invited to practice and record their customer presentation for upcoming meetings. Videos are recorded and coaching-bots give quick real-time scoring and feedback, while sending managers summaries too.
After a customer meeting and right before lunch, the sales process-bot reminds salespeople to record their sixty second meeting updates answering deal questions that are transcribed, sent to managers, and routed to the CRM system. Forecasts are updated too.
In the afternoon, after closing some deals and ringing the virtual bell, salespeople are reminded by deal win-bots to record their win stories. Videos and associated sales tools are shared and prioritized for salespeople with similar deal profiles. Chatbots make real-time deal questions timely and engaging. Sales cycles are shortened and winning deal plays are instantly shared.
At the end of the day, managers get daily summaries transcribed and analyzed, sharing what the team’s are saying, doing, and not saying. The reports are cross-referenced with performance data giving managers a complete picture of their team’s activity for better coaching.
Before going to sleep, the CEO is presented with top trending videos, best practices shared and customer win stories. The CEO starts mentally preparing for the next day’s motivational video. That’s a “day in the life” of a fully productive, engaged, and aligned organization in the year 2017.
From Dream to Reality
We’re a lot closer than most think to living the dream. Here are seven 2017 technology and process imperatives to turn our 2017 productivity dream into reality:
- CEOs and executives embrace video for day-to-day broadcast communications, alignment, and motivation.
- Artificial intelligent coaching-bots guide us with prescriptive just-in-time, bite-sized content, and coaching.
- Sales process deal-bots serve real time coaching and reminders on recommended deal next steps and actions.
- Apply word pattern analysis and machine learning to customer calls, communications and meetings to aggregate and surface coaching recommendations.
- Data visualization, analytics and data blending ties productivity initiatives and investments to outcomes and best practices.
- Automated mentor-bots recommend experts to connect with to share knowledge and experiences.
- Deal updates are voice and video powered just like leaving a friend a voice message making it easier for teams to do updates.
I’m a dreamer who believes anything is possible and an executive who turns dreams into reality.
Join us if you want to make these productivity dreams a reality with your employees, partners, and customers.