SalesHood - Sales Enablement Platform
Are Your Salespeople Great Storytellers?
Storytelling is a great way to establish credibility with customers and prospects. I do believe that the best salespeople are the best storytellers. A great customer story told by a credible and passionate sales executive is the surefire way to build trust and ignite urgency in a sales call or sales campaign.
Here are some tips on customer storytelling you can apply today in your customer meetings.
Tips to Remember
1. Share stories that are personalized, emotional and quantifiable.
2. Start with an emotional hook that grabs attention and generates early excitement for your story.
3. Brand your story or create a story “headline” to make it more memorable.
4. Include any personal stories or anecdotes to make the story that much more personalized.
5. Give enough background that enables your audience to relate.
6. Always be curious and ask open-ended questions.
7. Pause in meetings to check in with customers to see if they’re getting what they expected from their time investment.
8. Make eye contact with your customer when you’re telling your customer story.
9. Work the room. You’ll know in the first sixty seconds if the story is hitting the mark. Stop. Check in with the room. Ask if the story is the right story or if you’re sharing the right amount of detail.
10. Don’t read the slides.
11. Make sure the story maps to the role and industry preference of the buyer.
12. Make sure the story you’re telling is a reference and is willing to be a reference. Your customer will most likely do a back door reference too.
Run the Customer Story Telling Sales Huddle Today
Sales Managers, ff you want to get a jump start on improving your sales teeam’s customer storytelling skills, join us in SalesHood by running a Customer Story Telling Sales Huddle. You can get started in minutes and have it augment your next sales meeting. We’ve created best practice sales videos, a structured meeting agenda, self-assessments and a way to build your own customer stories database too. We’ve created a way for you to engage your sales teams in exercises to build their customer storytelling muscle. This Sales Huddle is fun too – who doesn’t like to hear a great story???
I welcome you to partner with us to take your team’s storytelling skills to the next level.