Effective Date: March 14, 2019
SalesHood is subject to the regulatory and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
1. The Information We Collect and How We Collect it
To provide the Services, we need to know certain information about you and other users with whom you interact. The types of information we collect depends on how you use the Services. Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
A. Information Provided by You
Information that you may provide to us includes, but is not limited to:
- email addresses
- mailing address
- phone number
- billing information
For example, we may collect information from you when you:
- Log in or create an account
- Use the third-party payment solutions we support
- Create or edit your user profile
- Complete an online form
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, demos, and other products)
- Contact customer support
- Provide a user testimonial
You may also choose to provide the following:
- Content. We also store files or other information that you upload or provide to the Services in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Services.
The decision to provide us with information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide certain information, you may not be able to access certain content or features available through the Services.
B. Information That Is Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services, including when you use our websites or apps without logging in.
Device and Usage information. We may collect information about: (i) the computers or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services; and (ii) how you use the Services. Examples of the information that we may automatically collect and analyze include, but are not limited to:
- IP Address, a.k.a. internet protocol address (your point of access to the Internet). IP address can reveal a web user’s general location (city/state/country).
- Location Information, such as the geo-location of your device. If you use our mobile apps, you will be asked to give the apps access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can withhold permission to access that data or you should be able to turn off the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device by visiting settings or privacy settings or settings for location services;
- Unique Device Identifiers, such as MAC Address, IDFA, IDFV, IMEI, and Advertising IDs;
- Device Attributes, such as browser types, browser language, and operating system; and
- Usage Data, such as information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and Related Technologies. We use “cookies” and other “tracking” technologies for a variety of purposes. The technologies we may use include, but are not limited to: (i) browser cookies; (ii) web beacons; (iii) tracking pixels; and (iv) local shared objects (“flash cookies”). Our uses of cookies and related technologies include, but are not limited to: storing your username; analyzing usage of the Services by collecting the device/usage information discussed above; and customizing the Services. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Cookie Choices. Many browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources such as marketers, partners, affiliates (e.g. entities under common ownership or control with SalesHood), researchers, and others where they are legally permitted to share such information with us. For example, if you register for SalesHood on another website or use a website that facilitates your activity on SalesHood, that website may provide information about you and your transactions to us.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
In general we use the information we collect to provide and administer the Services. More specifically, we might use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with the services and products you have requested, such as to create reports of activity associated with any particular Learning Path;
- Send you notifications of activity through different channels, such as email or push notifications;
- Notify you about new features, products, and special events;
- Provide you with newsletters or marketing communications about our products and services as well as third party products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- Personalize and deliver content on the Services;
- Test changes and develop new features, products and services;
- Generate and review data and reports describing our user base and usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services and perform research;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot the Services.
3. How We Share Information
- Corporate Account Users. If you are an authorized user of an account and the account is owned by your employer, then the information you provide to the Services may become accessible to some or all the users of that employer.
- Other Users. If you invite other users to access, use, or edit content you create through the Services (for example, if you invite others to view a Certification, Huddle, or Document), we will make such content available to the individuals you invite.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that we refer to as service providers to assist us in providing services to you. For example, we might use these third parties to provide search technology, authentication systems, bill collection and fulfillment, fraud detection, and customer support. Our contracts with service providers contain terms governing their use of your data.
- Business Transactions. As we develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets or the assets disclosed in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction. If SalesHood is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our websites of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- Consent. We may share your information in other ways and for new purposes if you have asked us to do so or have consented to such sharing. For example, we post customer testimonials on our Services that may identify you if we have received your consent.
- Liability. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, SalesHood remains liable for the transfer of personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
4. Online Analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics and Heap. These providers use cookie-related technologies (described in the “Information that is Collected Automatically” section above) to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser, and you may also use Heap’s opt out.
5. Data Retention, Accessing Your Information, and Closing Your Account
Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as necessary for legitimate business purposes.
Reviewing and Updating Your Account. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their personal data. We offer you the ability to access, review and change information associated with your account (such as your profile information, password, billing information, and user preferences) by logging into the Services and visiting your Profile. You can also make a request to modify information that cannot be amended or deleted through the Services by contacting us using the contact information below in Section 11. We will take reasonable steps to permit you to modify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete, in accordance with applicable laws.
Closing Your Account. If you wish to close your account, please visit your account settings. Upon your request, we will close your account, and delete your contact information, billing information, and shipping information from our active databases. You may also request to close your account by emailing us at the contact information provided below in Section 11. Your account will be closed as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. However, please note that even after you close your account, we may retain and use certain of your information (such as information regarding transactions made through our Services) where permitted by law to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our user agreements and terms, and comply with legal requirements. If you have shared content or information through our Services with other users, such content or information may still be available to those other users if they have not also deleted it or closed their accounts.
Information We Collect & Process on Behalf of Subscribers. When our subscribers use our Services, we may process and store personal information on their behalf as a data processor. For example, in SalesHood Exercises when a subscriber (or the subscriber’s authorized users) upload documents, we will act primarily as a data processor and process such information on the subscriber’s behalf and in accordance with their instructions. In those instances, the subscriber as the data controller, is responsible for most aspects of the collection and use of the information. If you have any questions or concerns about how personal information is handled in these cases, you may wish to contact the subscriber directly, or refer to their privacy policies.
6. Email and Direct Marketing Choices
We provide opt-out information in all commercial email messages we send via an “unsubscribe” link. We reserve the right to send one message confirming your opt-out from a messaging program. Please note that it may take us some time to process your requests consistent with applicable law. You do not have the ability to opt-out of transactional or relationship messages (e.g., account notifications) that we send if you are a registered user of our Services or if you have engaged in transactions with us. To opt out of other direct marketing from us, please contact us using the email below in Section 11.
7. How We Protect Your Information
8. Linked Sites and Services
9. Users From Outside the United States
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SalesHood commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us using the contact information below in Section 11.
SalesHood has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
11. How to Contact Us